Hot-dip galvanizing employment
Day labourer position in Montreal
Several permanent evening and night positions also need to be filled
Place of work: Usine de Montréal – 400 av. George V, Lachine, H8S 2R7
POSITION: your contribution to Corbec
- Work as part of a team to perform a variety of manual tasks throughout the factory. The incumbent must be a dynamic person and enjoy physical work to join our day labourer team.
COMMITMENT: RELIABILITY | OPENNESS | RESPECT | COLLABORATION | FAIRNESS
- Respect the fundamental values which Corbec adheres to and which it has been able to transmit to its employees, suppliers and business partners
- Demonstrate a spirit of openness and cooperation at work, and thus help maintain our good work environment
CONDITIONS : salary and schedule
- Salary: $16.19/hour (to start), $17.19/hour (after 6 months)
- Evening shift premium: $0.50/hour
- Night shift premium: $0.75/hour
- Number of hours: 37.5 hours/week
- Work schedule: Evening: 2:45 pm to 10:45 pm Night: 10:45 pm to 6:45 am
RESPONSIBILITIES : What Corbec expects from you
- Prepare parts
- Hook and unhook steel parts on lifting devices
- Analyze the best handling methods
- Finish the galvanized parts
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of your working environment
REQUIREMENTS : your skills and qualifications
- Education: DES or equivalent, an asset
- Experience: Prior experience working in a factory is an asset
- Language: French or English
- Skills: Manual dexterity, excellent physical condition to handle steel parts
- Asset: Ability to operate a forklift
Corbec Inc. has been a leader in its field of hot-dip galvanizing for over 50 years. Our facilities, strategically located in the west end of Montreal, Princeville and Quebec City, are equipped with kettle sizes and configurations that can handle a wide range of steel products. Corbec employs nearly 300 people and advocates participatory management and knowledge transfer. In the interest of remaining a leading-edge and innovative company, Corbec is committed to maintaining its involvement in research and development and enabling its employees to develop new capabilities.
To submit your application, you must apply online or send your resume to the Human Resources Department at emploiRH@corbec.net.
Please note that only the selected applicants will be contacted.